Join now... For Veda / Upanishad, Bhagwad Gita, and spoken Sanskrit classes
• To educate people by all available means, the significance of Vedas in shaping our actions as ‘Yagna’ to lead a purposeful life;
• To promote ‘Sanskrit’ as a language among people across all walks of life by imparting regular classroom and online training;
To promote India’s rich spiritual wisdom, cultural heritage and traditional values enunciated in the SanathanaDharma, for universal wellbeing;
Born to an illustrious family in Palakkad, Kerala, Acharya Padmanabha Sharma was a son of Shri Shankaranarayana Shastri and Smt. Parvati Ammal. Post his Ghananthastudies in Krishna Yajur-Veda Shakha, Acharya Sharma mastered in Sanskrit Sahitya and Advaita Vedanta from the Maharaja Sanskrit College of Mysore, Karnataka.
He was the Head of the Sanskrit Department, Bharatiya Vdya Bhavan (BVB), thereafter became the Founder Principal of BVB's ’Sri Sankaracharya Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya' and had served the Institution for over five decades. He established ‘Veda Shastra Pathasala’ within Delhi-NCR in the year 1967, that is now popularly known as the ‘SAD. Through these institutions, he had devoted his life in propagating and teaching Sanskrit language, Vedas, Upanishads and Bhagavad-Gita to several individuals - such as, school/college students, judges, doctors, bureaucrats, including monks of Ramakrishna Mission. Delhi, amongst others.
Been a recipient of many awards and accolades for his outstanding contributions in promoting Sanskrit and Vedas amongst other related fields.
The Vedas and Shastras have been the foundation of our Sanatana Dharma. All our scriptures have taught us to live a balanced life, seek spiritual wisdom to overcome miseries of self and the society at large. The refinements of the Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad-Gita and the Puranas are well understood with the knowledge of the divine language "Sanskrit". The knowledge of Sanskrit is quite useful for preservation of our culture.
The 'Veda-Shastra Pathasala' was established in the year 1967 by Acharya Padmanabha Sharma (Guruji) which was later renamed as SADVIDYA PRATISHTANAM for propagating Sanskrit language, Vedas, Upanishads and Bhagavad-Gita.
The Management Committee and Experts’ Group of Pratishtanam comprise of erudite scholars, senior bureaucrats, working professionals and former students of Guruji.
• Teaching Vedas/Upanishads
• Conducting Sanskrit Class – SAMBHASHANA CAMP – for Adults and Children, twice a year.
• Preaching the values of Srimad-Bhagawad-Gita through classes at various study centres including organizing its Recitation Competition annually.
• Other key activities include – Suryanamaskaram on Sundays, Pradosham on every Thrayodashi and other special pujas such as Bhagavad-Gita Havan on Gita Day; Shivaratri, to name a few
Want to become a member of the Sadvidya Pratishtanam? Apply now!
53rd ANNUAL DAY CELEBRATIONS
24th -25TH OCTOBER 2020
SRIMAD-BHAGAVAD-GITA & SRIMAD-BHAGAVATAM
ONLINE RECITATION COMPETITION 2020
We solicit your enrolment and support to this larger cause to preserve the rich treasure trove, by actively joining the movement.
Copyright © 2020 SADVIDYA PRATISHTANAM - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy